The Art Directors Club has posted the official guidelines and deadlines for their 88th Annual Call for Entries. Here’s a summary:
IL215 MAGAZINE EDITORIAL
IL216 NEWSPAPER EDITORIAL
IL217 COVER, NEWSPAPER/MAGAZINE
IL218 BOOK (Commercially Published Volumes Only)
IL219 BOOK JACKET
IL220 CARTOON/COMIC BOOK
IL221 CORPORATE/INSTITUTIONAL (Annual Reports, Brochures, Etc.)
IL223 CALENDAR OR APPOINTMENT BOOK
IL224 POSTER OR BILLBOARD
IL226 MAGAZINE ADVERTISEMENT
IL227 NEWSPAPER ADVERTISEMENT
IL228 POSTER OR BILLBOARD ADVERTISEMENT
- All Illustration entries, excluding books and physical volumes, should be mounted on Bristol boards with a roughly one-inch (3cm) margin.
- Illustrations alone will not be accepted: no fine art.
- For works less than 24 x 34 inches (metric A1) in size, please submit mounted originals, printed copies, proofs, reprints or tear sheets trimmed as published. Oversized entries may be represented by scaled artwork reproductions or in-situ photographs, mounted on boards.
- Non-English-language entries must be translated into English or have a typed English translation taped to the back of the board.
- For single entries, tape the printed Entry Label to the back of the board.
- Series entries consist of three to five (3-5) components. Please tape the printed Entry Label to the first board in the series and number the back of each board accordingly (1/3, 2/3, 3/3, etc.).
- Do NOT hinge, tape or “accordion” boards together.
- For Book categories (PH204, IL218), only commercially published volumes are accepted
For a full listing of information, check out the official website here. Good luck!
Designism 2.0::An Event in 3 Parts
Thursday, December 13, 2007
4:45-9:30 PM @ADC Gallery
Immerse yourself in design activism during a half-day event at the ADC with presentations from Milton Glaser, Steven Heller, Elizabeth Resnick, Tony Hendra, and more.
4:45-6 PM Designism 2.0::SEE
Kay Sloan, President, Massachusetts College of Art + Design
Elizabeth Resnick, Co–Curator of Selections from The Graphic Imperative and Associate Professor, Communication Design for the Massachusetts College of Art + Design
Ji Lee, droga5, The Bubble Project
6-6:30 PM Break
6:30-7:50 PM Designism 2.0::TALK
Masters of Designism and Panel Discussion
Tony Hendra, Manifesto
Steven Heller (Moderator)
Janet Kestin, Ogilvy & Mather
Ellen Sitkin, ideo, Project M
Andrew Sloat, Designer
Michael Wolff, Journalist
Ami Dar is the founder and executive director of Action Without Borders, the organization that runs Idealist.org.
8 PM: Designism 2.0::ACT
Cocktail reception – how to put intention into action with Idealist.org and others.
ADC Members: $24.50, Non-members: $35.00, Students & Non Profit Organization Members: $20.00
Space is limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please RSVP by calling 212-643-1440 x10.
See the ADC calendar of events here.
Frame by Frame featuring…
Asif Mian, Christopher Lane, Floto + Warner, and Justin Gignac
5:30 pm Adobe Workshop led by Scott Citron
7:00 pm Presentation
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Moderated by Ross Sutherland, Chief Creative Officer, Corbis
Four ADC Young Guns share—frame by frame—fresh new images. Each ADC Young Gun creates imagery using multiple formats and every tool available. They shoot in any medium, resulting in work that sits comfortably in several categories or in none. See how these image creators—photographers, videographers, illustrators and multi-media experts—break down traditional boundaries. Join us for a visual feast from this group of new image-makers. Watch videocasts of previous ADC Young Guns Live events and interviews with ADC Young Guns.
Adobe CS3 Workshop
Prior to each evening’s program, Adobe presents a one-hour tutorial on Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium, led by Adobe Certified Trainer Scott Citron. Design content for today—and tomorrow—with Adobe® Creative Suite® 3 Design Premium software. Design Premium combines all-new versions of essential tools for professional page layout, image editing, illustration, and Adobe PDF workflows with new tools for creating engaging websites, interactive experiences, and mobile content.
Combines Adobe InDesign® CS3, Photoshop® CS3 Extended, Illustrator® CS3, Flash® CS3 Professional, Dreamweaver® CS3, Acrobat® 8 Professional, Bridge CS3, Version Cue® CS3, and Device Central CS3. Seating is limited, so please reserve your place early.
ADC members receive a 30% discount $14
Please RSVP by calling 212-643-1440 ext. 10.
More info can be found here.