The Art Directors Club has posted the official guidelines and deadlines for their 88th Annual Call for Entries. Here’s a summary:
IL215 MAGAZINE EDITORIAL
IL216 NEWSPAPER EDITORIAL
IL217 COVER, NEWSPAPER/MAGAZINE
IL218 BOOK (Commercially Published Volumes Only)
IL219 BOOK JACKET
IL220 CARTOON/COMIC BOOK
IL221 CORPORATE/INSTITUTIONAL (Annual Reports, Brochures, Etc.)
IL223 CALENDAR OR APPOINTMENT BOOK
IL224 POSTER OR BILLBOARD
IL226 MAGAZINE ADVERTISEMENT
IL227 NEWSPAPER ADVERTISEMENT
IL228 POSTER OR BILLBOARD ADVERTISEMENT
- All Illustration entries, excluding books and physical volumes, should be mounted on Bristol boards with a roughly one-inch (3cm) margin.
- Illustrations alone will not be accepted: no fine art.
- For works less than 24 x 34 inches (metric A1) in size, please submit mounted originals, printed copies, proofs, reprints or tear sheets trimmed as published. Oversized entries may be represented by scaled artwork reproductions or in-situ photographs, mounted on boards.
- Non-English-language entries must be translated into English or have a typed English translation taped to the back of the board.
- For single entries, tape the printed Entry Label to the back of the board.
- Series entries consist of three to five (3-5) components. Please tape the printed Entry Label to the first board in the series and number the back of each board accordingly (1/3, 2/3, 3/3, etc.).
- Do NOT hinge, tape or “accordion” boards together.
- For Book categories (PH204, IL218), only commercially published volumes are accepted
For a full listing of information, check out the official website here. Good luck!