Here are the official rules straight from Spraygraphic:
MINI MINI: A 4×4 Mini Art Show
Spraygraphic.com is asking artists from all over the world to submit works of art (all mediums) that are no larger than 4 x 4 inches and that can be hung flat against the a wall. The depth of the artwork can exceed 4inches (ex. Sculpture) but it must be able to be hung on a wall without extraneous assistance. We expect to end up with a gallery full of diverse, compelling, and exquisite little pieces of art.
Requirements: IMPORTANT – Read This to Avoid Problems With Your Submission
1) The Deadline for Entry is March 5th, 2009. THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE!!!
2) NO FRAMES OR FRAMING OF ART
3) The MINI MINI show will be displayed at Push Gallery (Phoenix)on March 6th (Phoenix First Friday) and then moved on March 7th to Cartel Coffee/Art Gallery in Tempe for the rest of the month and and then installed atConspire Art Gallery in Phoenix (5th and Garfield) on April 1st for a month long showing.
4) All submissions must come in a 4×4 format that can be hung flat on a wall. The art can be no larger than 4 inches. but the art’s depth can exceed four inches. The show is open to all traditional and non-traditional genre and media, but it must be able to be hung flat on the wall from the back.
5) All artists that submit a piece must have a spraygraphic profile to be accepted for submission. No profile, no hanging.
6) All artists must send information on a typed piece of paper and it must include: their spraygraphic address (Ex. www.spraygraphic.com/chuckb) along with their name, location, title of piece, and price (if selling art), along with any other pertinent info you can think of.
7) All media is accepted. Sculpture, paint, markers, stickers, crayon, etc. are all acceptable.
8) Each artist is allowed up to two (2) pieces.
9) Please make sure your piece is completely dry before shipping. Allow at least 48 hours drying time before packing and shipping your artwork. Also wrap them in plastic or other film, DO NOT USE PAPER.
10) Time is of importance because the show is on March 6th and we would like to begin hanging on March 4th.If you haven’t started it yet then start it, finish it, and send it out…
Everyone that submits a work will be hung at the show on March 6th.
All questions about the show can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep reading for more details!
WET PAINT ART SUPPLY SELLING 4×4 CANVAS AT A DISCOUNT FOR ALL ARTISTS PARTICIPATING IN THE SHOW.
IN TOWN SUBMISSIONS CAN BE DROPPED OFF AT:
CARTEL COFFEE SHOP OR WET PAINT ART GALLERY IN TEMPE
BOTH LOCATIONS ARE Between 9th Street/University and ASH Ave.
OUT OF TOWN SUBMISSIONS: SEND ALL ARTWORK TO:
Spraygraphic, 706 East Granada Drive, Tempe, Arizona 85281
A $3.00 digital printing plus mounting service will be available to allow people from distant locations to easily participate. If you want to participate this way. Simply send your two images to spraygraphic in a 300dpi RGB Jpeg file only…We will then send you an invoice via your email. You pay and we print and hang it up…thanks so much…
Send digital files to:
MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR Name, Title, Location (where your from), Price (is selling) and your spraygraphic profile address.
PS. We would prefer that you send your original work via the mail.
SALE OF ARTWORK
The Galleries will be selling the artwork while the show is up in their spaces. There is a 30% commission on all gallery sales. The money goes to the Galleries…SPRAYGRAPHIC IS NOT TAKING ANY COMMISSION FROM THE SHOW.
You don’t have to sell your artwork if you do not want to.
If you would like to you sell your piece(s) please provide the following TYPED information:
1) The Sale Price
2) The name that should appear on the check.
3) Your address
The artist’s payments will be sent out 30 days following the closing (May 1st). Please make sure your payment information is TYPED ON A COMPUTER. Please do not write or paint your infomation.
AFTER THE SHOW
1. If you would like your artwork returned to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) with the correct amount of return postage included. This means the same size as the original package. Once the show comes down any unsold work will be mailed back in your SASE envelope.
2. If your work does not sell by May 1st, 2009 and you do not want your artwork back, then artwork becomes the property of Spraygraphic.com.
Any Questions: email@example.com