Parsons Illustration Associate Professor Lauren Redniss‘ recent book Radioactive: Marie & Pierre Curie: A Tale of Love and Fallout has been chosen as a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. Radioactive is nominated in the Science and Technology category. The awards will be handed out in late April. Here is a full list of the nominees in Lauren’s category:
Science & Technology Finalists
- Oren Harman, The Price of Altruism: George Price and the Search for the Origins of Kindness (W. W. Norton & Company)
- Siddhartha Mukherjee, The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer (Scribner)
- Naomi Oreskes & Erik M. Conway, Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming (Bloomsbury USA)
- Lauren Redniss, Radioactive: Marie & Pierre Curie: A Tale of Love and Fallout (It Books/HarperCollins)
- Rebecca Skloot, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (Crown)
You can see the other categories and nominees here.
Good luck and congratulations, Lauren!