We are pleased to announce “La Fabrique à Bulles” or the “Bubble Factory” contest, celebrating graphic novels and comics. The contest’s name emphasizes the power of the mind and creativity of young artists while “Bubbles” refers to, as in English, “Speech Bubbles”.
Les bandes dessinnées are an integral part of the French culture. This art form is considered to be the “9th Art” in France, and it is an undeniable means to propagate political or social messages. This year’s theme is “Résister!” (Resist!).
In order to participate:
- Contestants must submit one 11”x17” panel keeping with this year’s theme. The entry form and contest guidelines are on the Alliance Française website
- Any medium (oil, acrylic, pastel, watercolor, etc) will be accepted as long as the artwork is original.
- Panels must be sent to the Alliance Française (c/o Fabrique à Bulles) at “2142 Wyoming Avenue N.W. • Washington D.C. 20008” and be postmarked by no later than April 22, 2016.
- The contest is open to anyone living in the United States. Students under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian consent. (See the form on the website listed above).
- There will be a final award ceremony in Washington D.C.; the date and location will be announced. The two winning panels and the artwork of the finalists will be displayed at a local gallery where the ceremony will take place.
- Prizes to be announced in the coming weeks!