Job Title: Social Media Assistant, Photography
Location: 2 West 13th Street, 4th Floor (AMT Hub – 414), New York, NY
Reports To: Program Administrator, Photography
Status: Part-Time (5 hours per week)
Schedule: Flexible, during office hours: M – F, 10am – 6pm
Hourly Rate: $15 per hour
The Parsons BFA Photography Program within the School of Art, Media and Technology is looking for a mature, responsible student Office Assistant with a valid Federal Work Study Award for the 2017/18 school year. The Social Media Assistant will support the Program Administrator and Directors with conceiving, creating, and posting content to the Photography social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a current Photography undergraduate, self-motivated, and comfortable working independently. They will also excited about the Parsons Photo community, and motivated by the idea of creating social media content for Photo on Instagram and Facebook, as well as the program blogs. The student worker will be in charge of orchestrating student and faculty takeovers as directed.
The Social Media Assistant position is based out of the AMT Hub at 2 West 13th Street, Room 414, at a $15 hourly rate. Applicants must be available for both Fall and Spring semesters, starting in late August or early September for the Fall 2017 semester.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Program Administrator and Director to create content for Photo’s social media platforms
- Assist the MFA Photo Student Worker with managing and updating the Program blogs.
- Assist with program communication, such as MailChimp eblasts, social media messaging
- Perform other administrative duties to support the AMT office as needed
- Current BFA Photography student: preferably a rising sophomore or junior
- Solid organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Capacity to work independently and be self driven
- Must be available to work during office hours (M-F, 10am – 6pm) for Fall and Spring semesters, starting in early September 2017.
- Must posses valid Federal Work Study Award for the 2017/18 school year
- Previous office or social media experience
- Knowledge of MailChimp and Google platforms
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a brief cover letter as PDF attachments to Meg Kissel (email@example.com), Photography Program Administrator with the subject “Photo Social Media Student Worker Application.” In your cover letter, please describe your interest in the position and any relevant experience, include your Fall 2017 semester availability, and provide evidence of your 2017/18 Federal Work Study award.