PAFA is pleased to announce Crosscurrents, its first annual AICAD juried undergraduate exhibition. Rising juniors and seniors are invited to submit work for consideration. Selected artists will be chosen from over 42 schools across the U.S. and Canada and awarded with a museum exhibition at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. One student in the exhibition will be chosen to receive a full tuition scholarship to attend PAFA’s MFA Program.
- Students currently enrolled in their junior or senior year.
- Must attend an AICAD institution.
- No application fee is required.
- Deadline: October 14, 2016
- Submitted works must be no larger than 74 inches in the vertical dimension.
- A portfolio of 3-5 images. Images can originate in any format but must be submitted digitally through SlideRoom and sent to email@example.com.
- Images submitted should be in jpeg format, 12 inches on the longer side, sized at 72 pixels per inch, saved at the highest setting available (usually 10 or 12). Name your files with your last name then first name separated by an underscore followed by the number in the sequence. Example: Doe_Jane2.jpg
- Each application must also include a caption sheet for images submitted that describes Image Title, Dimensions, Medium, Date, and a concise description of work, limited to 260 characters maximum. This will be visible to the jurors alongside your image portfolio.
- Artist statement: applicants must submit a written statement that discusses your images, process, and intentions as it relates to the works shown. 500 words maximum. This can be in .doc or .pdf format. Please also list your name, attending school, and a faculty recommender. (A recommendation letter is not required.)
Selection and Notification
Chair of the MFA Program Didier William and resident critic Colleen Asper will jury the exhibition and select 5 finalists who will be considered for the full tuition scholarship. Additional application materials will be required of those artists, and notification of the winner of the full tuition scholarship will occur the evening of the opening on December 9, 2016.