Do you excel in an environment that values exploration and discovery? We have a universe of opportunities waiting for you!
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is NASA’s lead center for robotic exploration of the solar system. Our core competency is the end-to-end implementation of unprecedented robotic space missions to study Earth, the Solar System, and the Universe.
JPL, located in Pasadena, California, has a casual, campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
We are proud to be part of NASA and Caltech, as we explore the universe and make history through new discoveries.
For more information on this position with NASA visit here.
Current opportunities at the Magnum Foundation
Reports to Executive Director
$45,000/year with benefits
The Operations Coordinator oversees the smooth functioning of the Magnum Foundation systems and supports the work of the Executive Director. The position requires strong communication skills and a high level of organization and attention to detail. All members of the Magnum Foundation team share a collaborative, self-motivated approach and a commitment to the values and mission of the Magnum Foundation. The Magnum Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter as one file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: operations coordinator. Applications will be accepted through September 15, 2017.
- Minimum three years’ experience in nonprofit or arts management
- Facility with budget management and accounting systems
- Familiarity with contact management and project management programs
- Interest in photography, the arts, human rights, and social justice
- Office management, including ordering and organizing supplies, arranging and maintaining services, liaising with building, and organizing and maintaining the physical office environment
- Coordination with bookkeeper
- Coordination and oversight of annual audit
- Management of payroll, benefits, and insurance
- Development of annual budgets with the Executive Director
- Expense tracking
- Assist the Executive Director with communications, scheduling, meetings, and research
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Coordinate board meetings, donor group meetings, and related communications
- Supporting programs and development projects as needed
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
Magnum Foundation partners with schools and other institutions that provide funding and/or academic credit to interns. If you are enrolled in a program that offers college credit and/or a stipend, you are welcome to apply for internships in any of our listed departments. All interns will have access to a range of enrichment activities, including visits to relevant cultural and industry events around New York City, opportunities to share personal work and receive critical feedback from the team, and the chance to pitch and curate film screenings hosted at the office.
Applications are received on a rolling basis.
Please send a resume/CV and a cover letter with the internship name as the subject line, ie. “programs intern,” “development intern,” or “communications intern” to Alexis Lambrou at email@example.com, stating which internship you’re applying for, the nature of your institutional support, your availability, and why you are interested in interning at the Magnum Foundation. Please note that Interns must make a minimum commitment of 16 hours per week for the duration of their internship.