Harmita Singh

• Harmita Singh

• Untitled

• I want my thesis to be a surrealist expression of the viewer as one looks closely, they are bound to find unintentional appearing and disappearing, forms and figures of symptoms of the eating disorder that I suffered with for 5 years, bulimia.

• I will use an over-all aesthetic to convey an amalgamation of emotions and textures that seeks for the viewer to transport and submerge themselves completely into my childlike yet abstract illustrations in oil colors.

My artwork will touch upon the themes of the symptoms of the eating disorder that may include of- bruises on knuckles due to the purging, ruptured esophagus, bloated mouth, bruised lips and the toilet bowl. I want to explore my thesis in a traditional medium of paint; creating textures in oil colors.

Artist Statement:
    My work explores many different concepts in a variety of fields such as oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc. This allows me to produce works that deal with both realism and abstraction as well as conceptualism.  I am heavily inspired by daily life and like to create work that is relatable to most people. My primary focus is anatomy and illustration as I am intrigued by the human body and its infinite applications in art.

Instagram: @harmitaart