Anirudh Padinjare

• Anirudh Padinjare

• MEDUSA

• An astronaut explores an uncharted planet that sends wormholes to locations where it suspects life exists to consumes other planets as it is a living being by itself.

• .

Curiosity has a limit and it has been the essence of human existence. But at what cost?

My thesis elaborates on the understanding and structuralism of human kind and our minds when encountering a new organism, like a planet, an alien, a living alien planet. I find world building to be one of the most fascinating topics to work upon as this is where the cogs in my brain start to turn. I want to show the beauty of something that doesn’t actually exist, or at least to our minuscule minds it doesn’t.

My story starts with a wormhole appearing in our solar system by the planet Neptune, and we curious humans send in six astronauts that mysteriously disappears. At the same time, one stays as the viewpoint to my thesis. The astronaut is sent through the wormhole to a mysterious looking planet, and he is on a mission to map the uncharted lands. The astronaut will guide us through the mysteries of the planet and then find out that the planet is an actual living being by itself heading towards earth as it has found out that life exists in the solar system where the planet had sent the wormhole to. Curiosity takes his life as he sends a message back to the planet via the mothership and later succumbs to the planets ecosystem, becoming a part of it.

Using Autodesk Maya 3D and digital painting I will be creating an entire world with a unique twist. I will be photographing these 3D stills using an IMAX camera to capture the depth of every location.

Website: anirudhpi.com

Instagram: @anirudhpi

Instagram: @axrudh

Twitter: @axrudh