Nicole Domhoff

• Nicole Domhoff

• Reflections on Love

• A series of 6 graphite drawings on paper, each 16x16 inches.

• .

I am turning my focus to the theme of love and exploring various moments where love is present. I’ve incorporated various symbols I find relevant to the theme of love. All of these drawings include a character interacting in a particular emotional setting under the influence of love. Hopefully, these drawings will give the viewer a glimpse into how a person processes these emotions, and they might even identify certain aspects of their own personalities in these depictions. Love is a turbulent part of life that all people experience.

Some moments or themes that I have, or hope, to illustrate are: unrequited, maternal, unwarranted, daydreamt, forbidden, foolish, lost, adoring, self, playful, obsessive, trusting, lustful, and dangerous love. Within all these themes, I have various imagery that reflects on the emotional space. My goal for this project is to gain a deeper understanding of how we process feelings of love, and more importantly, how we define it.

A lot of people have a muddy perception of what love is. By developing these drawings, it’s a way to help myself identify the qualities of healthy love. Discovering those qualities will aid in prioritizing those elements in real life relationships. Love manifests in many different ways, and these drawings are an analysis of that.

Website: nicoledomhoff.myportfolio.com

Instagram: @mississippimilf