Hayley Legon

• Hayley Legon

• Eva, the Mummy, and Me

• A collection of portraits spread across multiple mediums

• .

My thesis is a collection of portraits spread across multiple mediums. I wanted to experiment with the concept of portraiture outside of realism and create immersive representations of people I know, myself, and fictional characters. I looked at these portraits through multiple lenses, such as humor, the unsettling, and the visually detailed, to create a wide variety of pieces that all had the same intention: fostering in depth and entertaining looks into the lives of others.

“Amen to No Men” is a story (LOOSELY) based on the life of my friend, Eva, and her experiences going to a very religious and outwardly homophobic Lutheran middle school.

“Patient Y” is a hand-drawn graphite animated loop inspired by my chronic migraines.

“Self-Portrait as Astronaut” explores the intersection between childhood ambitions and fearing failing my younger self as an adult. Micron pen.

“Mummy Waiting for the Bus” is a Micron pen illustration trying to create a sense of purgatory as a mummy waits for a bus that will never come and a vulture waits for a meal that will never die.

Website: hayleylegon.wixsite.com/website

Instagram: @hayleylegon

Vimeo: hayleylegon

Watch “Amen To No Men” below: