Agnes Ning

• Agnes Ning

• a lookbook

• Digital watercolor fashion illustrations presenting a linear narrative about personality and style and the importance of self-acceptance over time.

• .

“Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” -Gianni Versace

Inspired by Japanese fashion illustration, this project seeks to present a linear narrative of change over a period in a lifetime through digital watercolor fashion illustrations depicting the way I’ve dressed myself during my four years at university.

In the digital age where everyone grows up with their childhood on display and recorded by Facebook, Instagram and TikTok it’s easy to see how people change over time. Society and social media have created an environment where it’s encouraged to always present your life as perfectly as possible, that you should only ever show yourself at your best. Because of this, there is pressure to “glow-up” once you’ve come of age. With this project, I want people to know it’s okay to be different and not perfect. It is okay to change. It is okay not to be consistent your whole life. You are still yourself and the way you choose to dress is an extension of yourself and how you’ve changed. I would like to encourage people to accept their past self and acknowledge that they are an ever-changing person.

Website: agnesusan.myportfolio.com

Instagram: @aneggmess

Vimeo: agnessusan