The Open Style Lab summer program’s applications are open for 2016, accepting applications from graduate students or recent graduate alumni.
Candidates can apply by filling out the “Designers” form. Open Style Lab operates on the weekends for 10 weeks and we are planning to offer summer-long unpaid internships in MIT Labs (Skylar Tibbits’ Self Assembly Lab, Leia Stirling’s Man Vehicle Lab) for the weekdays.
Open Style Lab (www.openstylelab.org) aims to give design, occupational therapy & engineering students the opportunity to collaboratively create functional yet attractive clothing for and with clients with disabilities.
The advent of wearable technology and increasingly sophisticated design has the potential to transform the role of clothing in our lives. Join the revolution to engineer enhanced clothing that can address real healthcare needs!
- 10-week (June 11-August 13), Saturday-only program at MIT
- Open to all undergrad/grad students in design, occupational therapy and engineering majors
- Mentorship from clinicians, engineers and design experts/professionals
- Final student design showcase at the Museum of Science, Boston, in October.
- $200 program fee, all other fabrication/transport/food costs are covered.
- APPLICATIONS DUE Mar 12: http://www.openstylelab.com/apply-2016/
Ask us at email@example.com!