YMA will be visiting The New School on Thursday, September 7 to discuss their 2018 YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund.
What: YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund Info Session
When: Thu Sep 7, 2017 2:50pm – 3:50pm (EDT)
Where: 66 West 12th Street Room 510
Please find information for the award below and we look forward to seeing you at the information session.
It is our goal to attract and facilitate the entry of the best and brightest students into the fashion industry; therefore scholarships are solely merit based and you must be nominated by your school in order to apply.
If selected for an FSF Scholarship, students will be highly encouraged to participate in an exclusive FSF Summer Internship Program.
All scholarships will be awarded at the annual Awards Dinnerin New York City.
Qualifying students must be enrolled as full-time students at one of the 60 YMA FSF MEMBER SCHOOLS.
- Eligible students must be a current freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. Please note seniors graduating in fall cannot compete for the scholarship.
- Overall G.P.A. of 3.0 or above in a 4.0 G.P.A. system (official transcript to be submitted).
- Majors closely aligned to the fashion industry, including, but not limited to: advertising, communications, consumer science, apparel design, graphic design, economics, fiber science, finance, information technology, management, marketing, merchandising, retail studies, supply chain management, etc.
- Students must have a desire and passion to enter the Fashion Industry.
- Only one previous year $5,000 YMA FSF scholarship winner from each school is eligible for the National Merit Scholarship Award and must be nominated by his or her school to be considered.
Contact the school educator listed on the MEMBER SCHOOLS page. He or she can confirm your eligibility and establish your login for our online application website. You will also be given a case study that you will need to complete and submit with your application.
Work with your educator to make sure the application and case study is completed correctly.
Submit your application, case study, resume, and official transcript by due date and make sure that your educator takes the final step of approving your submission.
Why should you apply for the FSF scholarship?
- $5,000 scholarship check payable to YOU
- Scholarship money can be applied to any educational expense such as tuition, summer housing for an internship, study abroad program, senior collection, etc.
- Scholarship winners are invited to attend the annual January Awards Gala in New York City. Complimentary hotel and travel reimbursements provided.
- Winners will have access to internship opportunities through FSF partner companies.
- Each scholarship recipient is strategically matched to an industry executive who will serve as their mentor during the year of the award.
- Winners are eligible to join the FSF Alumni Association to grow their professional network.
- One $5,000 scholarship winner from each member school will compete the following year for the National Merit Scholarship which awards four $30,000 and four $10,000 scholarships.