The Parsons Fine Arts Program within the School of Art, Media and Technology is looking for a mature, responsible student Office Assistant with a valid Federal Work Study Award for the 2017/18 school year. The Office Assistant will support the Program Administrator and Directors with general office management for the BFA and MFA programs, including: front desk coverage, general communications and social media support, program organization, and event planning.
This role is best suited for someone who loves to keep things organized and has an interest in working within a creative community environment. As the “face” of the Fine Arts Office, the Office Assistant will be expected to provide responsive, high-quality customer service to students, faculty, and the wider Parsons community. Sensitivity towards a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and a willingness to listen to and support others, is crucial to this role.
The Office Assistant position is based out of the Fine Arts office at 25 East 13th St. and requires 5-15 hours per week, at a $15 hourly rate. Applicants must be available for both Fall and Spring semesters, starting in late August for the Fall 2017 semester.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide front desk coverage for the Fine Arts office on assigned days; give time-sensitive and knowledgeable in-person, e-mail, and telephone support to all student, faculty, and general inquiries
- Support and organize Fine Arts events and meetings; provide note-taking as necessary
- Assist with scheduling for midterm and final reviews and admissions interviews
- Support internal and external communications via website management, social media posting, and group email distribution through MailChimp and Google groups
- Perform other administrative duties to support the Fine Arts office as needed
- Solid organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Proven skills and aptitude to excel in a customer-focused environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to work independently and be self driven
- Strong computer skills, with experience with Google Drive and email applications, Excel, Keynote, WordPress, Mailchimp, social media, and basic design skills in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must be available to work during office hours (M-F, 10am – 6pm) for Fall and Spring semesters, starting in late August 2017.
- Must posses valid Federal Work Study Award for the 2017/18 school year
- Must NOT be a current BFA or MFA Fine Arts student at Parsons.
- At least one (1) year experience in communications, customer service, office administration, or a related field
- Experience blogging via WordPress is a plus! Design, photo and video skills are also desirable, though please note, this is mainly an administrative position
- Commitment to art education and interest in working with artists
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and a brief cover letter as PDF attachments to Fine Arts Program Administrator, Kate Parvenski at email@example.com. Your email subject should read “LAST NAME_Office Assistant.” In your cover letter, please describe your interest in the position and any relevant experience, include your Fall 2017 semester availability, and provide evidence of your 2017/18 Federal Work Study award.