The International, a new, independent news platform, is currently looking for a Lead Web Designer. As a young start-up, this is a very unique opportunity for someone to be part of the development of a new web platform. The position is part-time, and therefore allows students to continue their studies at the same time.
The Lead Web Designer is in charge of designing all graphics and visual aspects of the new web platform.
• Create the layout for the site and all pages.
• Redesign articles under common topics in a user-friendly manner.
• Design a frictionless content sharing mechanism for everyday users.
• Define the style of the platform to encourage engagement.
• Maintain an elegant look and intuitive navigation.
• Great web design skills and understanding of UI.
• Advanced knowledge of Photoshop.
• 1+ year experience as a web designer.
Please submit a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
To apply, visit http://www.theinternational.org/opportunities/0141202
About The International:
CEO Alexandre R. Labrie studied at Columbia and decided to focus entirely on The International shortly thereafter. The team has always been quite young, mostly in their twenties, and have grown in size from 6 to a total of 21 last quarter. Alexandre launched the company from a desire to help people better understand cultural differences, and a strong indignation at the media’s deficiency leading up to the war in Iraq. The International is an independent company.
Written by: parsonsamt