Call for Entries: Juried Printmaking and Book Art Exhibition
January 21 – February 15, 2013
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, we have extended our Submission Deadline to 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, November 20th.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Since 2001, the University Galleries at William Paterson University has organized an annual juried printmaking exhibition featuring traditional and digital print media and book art. Select works will receive Purchase Awards and become part of the University’s permanent collection. One artist will be selected to have a solo exhibition at the University Galleries.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Jacob Lewis has been the Director of Pace Prints Chelsea since 2007. He has initiated print projects with artists such as Ghada Amer & Reza Farkhondeh, Leonardo Drew, Shepard Fairey, Ryan McGinness, and Wangechi Mutu. He has juried numerous exhibitions including the 26th Print Triennial (2010) and Print America (2009). He earned a BFA from West Virginia University with a focus in painting and printmaking.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Friday, December 14, 2012
Receipt of Work Deadline
Monday, January 7, 2013
Sunday, January 27, 2013
(Snow Date: Sunday, February 10, 2013)
Open to all artists residing in the United States. Works must have been completed within the past two years and may not exceed 60 inches. Work previously shown at the William Paterson University Galleries will not be accepted.
All accepted work requires proper framing and should be ready to be hung (except for book art which will be displayed in vitrines on pedestals). The Juror reserves the right to reject any work found to be unacceptable upon arrival.
The University retains a 20% commission for all artwork sales.
All work shown at the gallery will be insured for the duration of the exhibition. The gallery cannot insure works in transit.
The cost of shipping works to and from the gallery is the responsibility of the artist.
– To submit your artwork, please visit: http://www.wpugalleries.slideroom.com
– Login or register an account with SlideRoom. Click on “Start a New Submission.”
– Fill out the Application Form for Ink, Press, Repeat
– Upload your Artist Bio/CV and Artist Statement in the Documents section.
– Upload up to 3 images (4 x 6 inches at 300 dpi; up to 5 MB per image).
– Include the Title, Date, Medium, and Dimensions (both framed and unframed) for each work.
– Pay the entry fee of $25 when prompted to receive your submission confirmation.
(Entry fees go toward the purchase of artwork from the Ink, Press, Repeat exhibition for the William Paterson University permanent art collection.)